Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cory Passes

So Cory is in transition now. From earth life to a higher plane. My friend, Mam Bennette, quipped, she must be in heaven now. No, most probably in purgatory, I answered. She has sins to account for, like those in Hacienda Luisita. But the prayers and masses dedicated to her in the past few months should see her through. I just hope no one recommends her to sainthood. Sobra naman. Let the dead rest. History will do the rest and the Church better not meddle.

1 comment:

Taste & Sight said...

Love this esp the part about sins she needs to account for, and not to recommend into sainthood. I have a facebook group "rest in peace cory aquino but i never really like you" or something like that. but of course this is not a hate group.