Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Sunday Monday


in my world, sunday is monday. it is not rest day but the day of doing other things than just work. the first in my list is laundry. it takes me the whole morning. while clothes are in the laundromat, other small stuff like underwear, socks, and light shirts are hand-washed. one time, while using the laundromat in the old village with coin slots in the new not working well, i had to walk to and fro to check my wash and haul them over the dryer in two batches as i separately wash clothes from pants and towels.

after lunch, i usually head to the shop for my week's groceries. then, i get to stand and walk to not get a pot belly and i just get to enjoy the nice cool wind along south street and the nice cool brick houses in line. late in the afternoon, i could surf, cook mi-goreng (or whatever stuff comes to mind with the ingredients at hand), read left-over books, watch usual suspects in youtube or nadal's win in wimbledon in dvd, then chat with yaman.or i could just lie down, raise my legs 45 degrees and stare at yaman's pictures in the right wall.

it's not a holy day but enough to rest the brain, look at the week's harvest and start anew on a tuesday monday.

Thanks to www.fotosearch.com for the pic

No comments: