Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Bomb

i have a pathetic side. my endurance to pain extends to my endurance to bullying. sige lang, ok lang. i can let that pass. it's not ok really but since i can still hold it, pinababayaan ko lang. my conscious effort to contain anger, especially my temper, which my family all to well knows, accounts for it. ayokong magalit, kasi pag nagalit nako, umiwas ka.

right now, i haven't been working in my 'office' because i don't like roommate, anymore. especially when she blamed the network router i had installed for her inability to print a somewhat very important presentation piece two weeks ago. so, i just looked at her, shrugged and went on to get my books. di nako tumagal sa room, that was a week ago, kasi nawalan na ako ng gana. my mood was wrecked. i just went back to the flat and gone to writing a 30+ intro for my proposal, a very well organized one at that. ayoko ng gulo so umiwas na lang ako. elaine, who's my good friend here in uni just couldn't take it and insisted, 'lumaban ka! pag ako...'.

i know myself too well so to her too, i shrugged. perhaps the people who know my anger, the depth of it will understand. i too understand that it would take more for that anger to explode although i'm not sure whether it could be endured. i don't know even know how my roommate will fare, would she survive, should the dam burst.

Thanks to www.123rf.com for the subtle pic

No comments: