Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, September 18, 2009

A Cowboy Cafeteria Chic

what is my style? rugged, unpolished, a diamond in the rough. i picture myself more as a cowboy, wearing those vertical box-typed shirts, in red, black and white, in denims and killer dark leather boots. i eat whatever, and anything, never a bit left, or left uneaten just to conform to diet tips. i like soupy dishes, or kahit sabaw ok na, basta may kanin. turo-turo is good enough since it's still homegrown. still cooked by a cook with hair in a bun, dirty apron but clean hands. i go where the horse leads me, in unbeaten paths and fresh roads, riding on the sunset or beginning at the strike of dawn. the sun and moon are my friends and the rains, a welcome companion. that is me. pure and of the earth. no qualms, breathing and still.

Great pic from www.123rf.com

No comments: