Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, September 14, 2009

Hail Rafa!


Rafael Nadal lost yesterday and hard. CNNSI calls it a thrashing, I call it a bludgeoning. But in the face of defeat, how I still admire Rafa for his enduring grace on court. Clearly beaten and embarrassed by the score of 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, Rafa did not thrash back, credited the win to his competitor, and even hesitated to use his injury as the cause. No excuses. Contrast this to just what happened the day before in the women's semi-finals, Serena taking it on on a line judge for a foot fault and going downhill from there. As much as his strength and his tenacity on court, Rafa I hope will endure in the sport of tennis to how he shines as a person.

Rafa's beautiful pic courtesy of www.rafaelnadal.com

No comments: