Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, September 6, 2009

These I Long To Do


...make and tend a tomato garden
...find my activism
...find my bestfriend's father's long lost grave
...find lourdes bolocon
...publish one children's story

on a sunday, i wonder what am i doing here? alone with my trees and the white screen staring back at me while in the board my hands drum and float and drum and float. i press on with what i should do and wrest with the devil asking me --- why are you here? i am here because i want to. not that i have to or that i was pressed to. i want this and i am making it. so i came to thinking, what are my deepest longings, other than those involving anyone else like my lovely daughter or my sad sad mom. what do i really want for me? is this phd one of them? and without hesitation, i say yes. it is one of my longings, for me, for my self. in a way, cristina knows me so that she will understand. the focus of my labors, the suns of my soul. count on them. before i die, these i will do.

Thanks to www.fotosearch.com for the lovely pic.

No comments: