Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, August 27, 2010

Scratching the Surface

my favorite color is green but i have more reds in my wardrobe, and green the least.

i am feminine but i seem to hate pink the most.

all my house clothes are in dark colors (red, blue, maroon, black, brown)

i love tennis grand slams but can hardly slam a tennis ball pass the net.

i've read a hundred books and novellas but forgotten almost all in plot and character.

but i remember movie lines like 'no matter how you teach them, they are who they are' in innocent moves.

forgetting extends to all  reports and proposals i've written. i have to be reminded to remember.

there is no author i don't like except john grisham.

it is only now that i'm starting to be political.

No comments: