Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, August 20, 2010

To the Very Last

thank you for believing my ShadowMan
for being my strength, the brave one who faced my father
the gallant one who walked with me from school and made sure i am home safe;
the decent one who let me be on my choices and never interfered, but just endured;
the steady one who braved his own choices and faced the consequences without compromising himself;
the real one whose love for me is far deeper, far richer beyond experience,
and while you are there, i know you're here in the very air that surrounds,
in life that throbs, in the very ground i stand on
in you there is completion, a reconciling of all that's missing in me
these is all YOU are to me, my ShadowMan
i'm not letting go
i love you to the very last

No comments: