Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Man and His Music


ShadowMan sings. He composes. Breathes music to poetry. And he naturally whistles (while i hum). He had long been unhappy, but he has never lost touched with his music. Partly music might have kept him alive, and sane after all those dark years. Hearing his voice in a recording was the answer I longed for, for the day, and for the many days I am enduring without him. As if he's just beside me. Giving me goosebumps as I was thinking how at peace and fulfilled He was in a previous life; like, He was singing with the Holy Spirit. I am spared with the guilt of wrenching him out of this world  but I am thankful nonetheless for now He is here. Here being offered to me willingly. The man with the golden voice is singing my fears away, cradling me now, forever protecting, keeping the path straight amid my wanderings. I will never be lost again.

Thanks to www.123rf.com for the pic.

No comments: