Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Vitti in the Blog (or What I Blog About)

i blog when i'm tired, dangerously mad, or just simply happy. i  blog about my Abalantung and the gift from the past, my ShadowMan. right now, i'm preoccupied with my PhD.

i blog about my hurts, my Mom who's personality is still unraveling, the betrayals i endured in consulting, and how it seems, all my mentors failed me. strange, i still have yet to write about my Dad, who ShadowMan claims, was always in my lips in highschool. about sex, i hope to write more although it is indeed a question whether sex is really easy to write about. slowly, i'm coming to grips with politics and what it means to my understanding of Naga City.

when i don't know what to write, i blabber, i word play. sometimes, marathon-write, i poem (could this be a verb?) of whatever is on top of the desk or tacked on the corkboard. i write my boredom away.

i write about life as it thrives on weeds, peanut-butter sandwiches, a cut, coffee and water, and the development world's most obscene irony.

what i love blogging about is writing, as i explore every-day writing with blogging, how in a way i have detoured to flash-fiction writing, my first children's story, the struggles with academic writing, my moleskine buddies, my unheralded writing inspirations, the proven technique of blind writing, or just the grand simplicity of being able to connect the writing experience to mountains, sanitary napkin, Beethoven, or even to cooking rice. i've said this do ShadowMan, if  ever someone ever finds my blog worthy, to please please publish my writing blogs first.

that's all.

No comments: