Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Where are all those 160lbs?

i now weigh 160 lbs. i now weigh 160 lbs...i now weigh 160lbs?! such was the train of thought after i finished weighing my luggage around 1030 this morning.  the formula  my luggage + me - just me = luggage. gosh, where are all those 160lbs hiding? since i got here last july, i didn't notice any tightening of my jeans. no shortness of breath while walking, no neck pains. i could still wear my office polos to church without the need to hold my belly in. could someone really weigh so much, and not show? i mean, i would believe it, the scales, if it's evident enough to merit a change of wardrobe. ugh, this came just 5 days after the blog about my fat body. to be confronted with such fatness, pardon the pun, is heavy indeed to take.  for someone who has scorned dieting, i think sticking to sensibility is the logical thing to do now. while my cholesterol's good, including blood sugar, for how long? so yeah, being sensible with food, food, food is still the sustainable way. i'll take this as an alarm going off. the 160lbs may not show in my figure now but the answer to my question could just come in a way i could never recover from.

No comments: