Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, October 29, 2010

Glorified Mummy

after 10 more so years, i finally had warts removed from my face, chest and body. it's easy to take them for granted; them being small dark spots you would mistake as moles. had enough of it as lately i could find myself scratching in my sleep. the warts have become annoying. so for about 4 hours this afternoon, with the brother volunteering to pick up yaman from school, i went to this derm clinic in centro for a full-body removal ops. in the first hour, i looked like a mummy with gauze covering half of my face. that was how bad warts have invaded my face. after cauterization 40 minutes after, my body looked pox-infested. with small burnt needle points, some reddish on the sides. now i have to fight off the itching and had to endure without a full bath until 6pm tomorrow. but better this than the conditions to worsen. enough of my old skin.

No comments: