Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Patingi-Tingi

with my schedules here in naga permitting no fixed time for writing, i'm slowly homing into just writing whenever. not yet wherever as i only have a desk at home to do some quiet writing. i felt a bit tempted to bring my laptop to sm this afternoon but decided against it after weighing the number of words written against the weight i have to lug around while taking yaman to school, going to mcdo for the bday arrangements, and then to sm. not worth it. the laptop stays at home. i'll just let my thoughts fertilize away from it. for the past 7 days, ShadowMan has been getting lesser texts from moi, even lesser airtime as writing fills our nights as well. yesterday, at 10-10-10, is started my writing around 1132pm and ended at 3am. it's not even chapter writing but bullet-points writing to help organize my thoughts and it seems, i'm getting some fresh ideas with my fingers moving. one word at a time i guess to volumes ahead.

No comments: