Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Serenity

by accident, i moved the frames on the wall in front of me while arranging framed collages of yaman's pics over the years.  after reviewing my supervisor's paper this afternoon, i was left exhausted. so just earlier, at about 755pm, slumped back here in my chair, facing the white wall again. until in a serendipitous moment, my eyes fell on the cross in front of me --- The Serenity Prayer.

have it ever occurred to you why Serenity needs to go with Courage and Wisdom when it comes to dealing with change? perhaps because it is evil to just end in stasis, choosing to be blind or to be selectively blind, not finding the words when one has resources at one's disposal, embracing meekness. but truths need tempering, tact, a deep thinking over of lost causes and causes that matter.

in this PhD, i thought i will rest until the last period is punched. there's no resting from now on. but i know where i stand.

No comments: