Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm Home

after two months of adjusting, i know i'm home to Yaman. home as in the old mommy she knows, who tolerates, shares in her nocturnal habits (sleeping around 10am), never nags except talking sternly when pressing a point, wouldn't compromise with not teeth-brushing every night, and makes it a point to talk about her 'busy'-ness when asked, not brushing it off as 'nothing'.  after we prayed 'Angel of God' together just half an hour ago, Yaman hugged me in a way that made me feel like a true-blue mother to her. it was her 'i love you' as mom's is with her cooking. i'm so happy i'm here.

1 comment:

LIGHTWORKER said...

...shadowman's so happy with this...