Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Karga

i used to hope for yaman to get tired of it. being held and carried. in short, and in bicol, karga. so by the time she turned 3, i thought it was over. this karga thing. until much recently, we're doing this full standing upstretched one, my hands stretched up and yaman just hanging in there like a teddy bear. then this newborn karga. holding her by her side, her head rested on my shoulder, her face facing my breasts. we could never get enough. before she takes a bath, sometime after dinner (had to let her stomach rest after eating) or just when she likes it. and i kind of realize, yeah, this is one thing i'd miss once she gets taller and heavier. so now that i'm here till march, karga we go my abalantung.

No comments: