Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Outsider

i'm my batch's outsider. who would not be if you're odds with the batch president? today, i got two invites for lunch and dinner. my close friend in highschool, dinah, matter-of-factly urged me to go to lunch with her and the BP.  had to beg off and explained in short sanitized terms that no, i might be an unwelcome presence with BP around.  by dinner, bestfriend angeline dropped a line if i could follow her, jopen and five other batchmates to dinner. i had a legitimate excuse since i'm writing and gie knew it beforehand. the possibility of BP coming though became a real deterrent despite the writing commitment here.  ahhhh, to be part of and yet isolated at the same time.

No comments: