Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Facing the Wall

as of 830pm today, i have written 1478 words. today's not only a good day...it's a great day! as if i've written for two days already. i'm not resting on my laurels. just happy i got one. perhaps i was able to write this productive because from where i'm sitting, i'm facing this white wall. this white wall with religious decorations and pictures i've seen so many times, it might as well be just one big white wall in front of me. no distractions like tv or passersby outside. with bach (brandenburg concentos) on the background, i felt my hands race but soft on the keyboard. relaxed. just happy, writing. 

No comments: