Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cos

I take cos lettuce every other day, for breakfast.  I find it better than coral lettuce because it's greener and crisper. This bunch costs about A$2.99 (PhP134.55) in the regular shop but only A$0.99c (44.55) at Stock Road, a farmer's market where Roxanne usually buys veggies. 

The lettuce is prepared by cutting across the leaves and storing them in plastic containers like this.  At breakfast, I just get about a bowlful (about 6-7 bowls), top the leaves with tuna (fresh from the can), fresh lemon juice and cherry tomatoes (about 6 pcs).  I have an instant yet healthy and complete breakfast na.

No comments: