Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nudgings

My notes are beginning to record how I deal with low self-esteem.  I look forward to looking back with pride to this note dated 15 August 2011 at 10:29 am.  The time is far off but I would like to believe I'm getting there. Below I wrote, "I start from the very beginning because I should know the beginning." This refers to the need to study politics and political analysis from scratch. At 40, still doing Politics 101.

As much as I have to learn how not to be easily convinced, so should I develop the faith to be convincing in the directions being opened up by reading the literature on development.  Convincing others, and not just myself, is one way to go.

No comments: