Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A One-of-a-Kind Jane Austen Collection

found myself early in Fremantle today. went to Elizabeth's Second Hand Bookshop to look for a Dr. Seuss book for Yaman until i found these on the front display. in entering the shop, went to the left side and upon turning to my right, saw the green stacks. so these are why i held off buying jane austen online. these ones are just perfect. an early christmas gift for me.

The most popular writings of Jane Austen in leather-bound in green. The entire collection costs only A$60.00.
The entire collection is gold-rimmed, with threaded bookmarks.
The books are relatively unread. Pages fresh and crisp.
The book just fits my hand. It can be carried anywhere and even in a sling bag.
In readable script too. So it fits the ageing eyes of the old Vitti.

No comments: