Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Paos sa Pagsulat

it's still an aberration. ever since i started doing this phd in 2009, i would lose my voice every time the writing becomes intense and heavy. why is that? indeed it is unusual. i remember elaine laughing when she asked me. 'bait ka paos' and i replied, 'nagsulat kasi ako'. that was in 2009. and indeed, in a day spent with just my pc and writing away, by 5pm my voice would just fade away. just like today. the hubby has already gotten used to it. after writing 1049 words today, here i am with labored husky voice. i don't know the connection. must be the lack of vocal exercise while the hands are drumming away.

No comments: