Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, September 5, 2011

Singing like Yaman

at 7 years old, i sang 'ngayon at kailanman' with so much gusto to the right lyrics but the awkward trying hard tones. it has become a 'classic' at home, all my family would laugh heartily of the memory; laugh so much to the point of crying.  i didn't care, i just had to sing. hearing Yaman sing 'Ako'y Isang Pinoy' (the national anthem at 24 zone 6 concepcion pequena) and 'Bayang Magiliw' (the national anthem of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, i could see and hear myself.  i was as thin. with long hair. in sandos and shorts that showed my thin reed legs. eager to impress.  so i kept on singing. 

No comments: