Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Done!

he does not complain. whether walking 10km from stirling highway to matilda bay to swan river to the university of western australia. whether washing dishes even late at night, hanging the laundry and folding them neatly once dry. whether facing flight cancellations and the lugging of heavier than expected luggage. by the sofa tonight, as i lay my head on his leg while watching tv, i know this is the man who holds my forever. he is tired from walking. he feels fat from eating. he seems irritated from my asking him not to spy while i'm blogging.  but still he's here by my side, downloading. faithfully by my side all the time. he is all i want all these years. and i have to pinch myself that this is all true, he, with me, his leg, his music, my music, our music. our happiness of just being together enough to quell the tiredness, the fatness, and the irritation two people just go through to forever. he just shouted, 'done wifey!' a little while ago. thanks my Hubby. thanks really so much for being you. 

No comments: