Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, October 7, 2011

The List

i am doing part-time admin work in the arc, looking up names of previous researchers, speakers and the who's who in politics and international studies that make up the list of invites for the center's upcoming jubilee year.  how do i dare ally with these people with all their credentials, publications, and recognitions? do be a doctor too, to be counted among them, is one feat i have yet to see manifest, even in my daydreams.  my data is so far off from my hands, i am doing non-phd work for the past two days, which further adds to my isolation and desolation.

No comments: