Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, October 3, 2011

Gone

the navy blue slippers empty of his feet
the air about his presence
the bed the mark of his heavy frame
the chair by the dining which he occupies
the mirrors of the face that smiles back

so tonight i shall asleep
with whatever memory i can hold
of my true love who came, and stayed, and loved
his slippers now by the door of this room
his sweater and pillow by the bed
the sheets will stay on for another week
to keep his scent, his musk, alive

this is the only way
i could be comforted
by the reality that he was here
with me, beside me, and in me
loneliness now takes on
the color of blue and shadows...

1 comment:

LIGHTWORKER said...

I love you my lightworker, I miss you so much. Life will never be the same. . .it is deeper, richer, all-embracing. . .of your love. Thanks for coming to my life. . .I'll not ask for anything more.