Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Can Only Sing for Christmas...

tending my herbs this morning, i found myself singing 'winter wonderland' to them.  gone away is the blue bird, here to stay is a new bird, who sings a love song, as we go along, walking in a winter wonderland...

 the breeze is still cool here in perth, at the tail end of winter.  by december, it would be hot and scorching to the point that pine trees droop and the poinsettias in our neighbor's backyard fail to bloom.  i face the gloom of december 25, as my heart pines for my Yaman and my hubbylabs.

i've said before that by hook or by crook, i would be home for christmas every year after a flat christmas away from yaman in 2009.  still, i would have to eat these words and swallow my pride.  these holidays sandwiched between yaman's 6th birthday and my fieldwork, and the well even drier than before.

so perhaps, on december 25, i will just cook roasted turkey, blog and the morning after, tend to my herbs and sing, i'm dreaming of a white christmas...just like the ones i used to know...

No comments: