Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, November 7, 2011

The Man Who Holds My Future

i believe that just as when you set your sights low, you would get the lowliest; then when you dream far and big, you would be presented the opportunities to get far and live to the full. gone are the days in my love life where i just contend with what comes. na kumikibit-balikat lang.  where the rule of the relationship is, 'what you see is what you get' and 'bahala na bukas'. 

it is when we get into deep conversation with that special someone, on our dreams, that we realize what is easily taken for granted.  that commitment which is as intangible as air.  but as our visions become one, so does the language, and hopefully, with grace from Above, the courage to get these dreams going.  with my Shadowman, there is this stability so longed for but very rarely had.  i could recall the eerie uneasy silence that my ears have grown accustomed with whenever my dreams are articulated in one-way conversations.  to be with someone, and still feel very much alone. 

here he is in front of me. serious and earnest his face as he respects my space for blogging.  he doesn't talk, just observes. occasionally butts in to remind me that Ms. Philippines was the first runner-up for Ms. World. this man holds my future. not in a crystal ball of illusions. but in fixed clear and colorful visions of a doable and shared future.  i rest my world into his hands.  safe forever.

No comments: