Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, November 14, 2011

Torture

returned to doing transcripts from second phase fieldwork just last week. hearing myself is such torture that i cringe and wonder what impression i may have left on my interviewees. they must have thought: 

1. she interrupts what i say...
2. she keeps on repeating my answers...
3. she forgot what we talked about previously...my God, how is old is her memory?...
4. she drowns her questions in 'po'...i can't understand the bloody question?!
5. she gets lost in the conversation...just told her a while ago about this and that...and we're talking again about the this and the that...

my interviewees are so patient with me.

i can't stand myself!

No comments: