Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, September 16, 2013

Recovering the Sakong

as the plane touched down here in tuguegarao, my first thought was:

'i'm not entitled to walk after not blogging for a week. by the now, i should be in crutches. no!...perhaps a wheelchair as not only have i lost my feet, but my legs as well.'

remember, the REAL Natalie's challenge? to shoot one toe off for a day of not writing. seven days from september 8, and the days before that. my toes are long gone now. so i'm shooting from the sakong up.

okay, okay, of course, i have a big excuse.

i have a big job, with big responsibilities, and a big question mark on how i'm going to settle down to address the Balanced Scorecard for performance.

to go ahead is to go sure. and to go sure is to stop, breathe, think, systematize and build a routine WHATEVER happens in a day, however the schedule may change.

there's a new laptop.

now using an I-phone.

living in a neat modest condo near work.

i'm touching down. recovering stability. from the sakong up.

No comments: