we are in the news for the wrong reasons, but let me tell you this:
1. Forbeswood is a homey complex where, upon leaving for and entering from work, the paths are paved with babies on strollers, with their yayas, lolas or moms; and residents with their foreign-bred pet dogs in tow (the new but hapless status symbol for some social climbers). life permeates unlike in other condos (like Grand Hamptons where my agent first brought me) where funereal building interiors are the norm.
2. occasionally, there are tennis players on court and even newbies, like this wonderful little boy who shuffles his feet before hitting the ball.
3. at the pool, swimming and barbecue often go together especially during weekends. it is not unusual that as you hear the sound of families enjoying the dip, so does the smell of barbecue (pork, shrimp and fish) waft through the air.
4. its admin staff are very courteous and provide round-the-clock service, even during weekends. cleaners and gardeners look at you straight in the eye with their greetings and several times, when i need a light fixed, a leaking faucet inspected, or the bathroom drains declogged, in less than 5 minutes, an able staff is there.
5. thanks partly to the side i occupy, the condo's location shields it from the sound of roaring traffic, and construction noise. from the new building on the rise on its south, what can be heard is only a bell clanging in the morning, signalling 7am.
6. FW just lies on the back of Burgos Circle, where one can dine, get a cup of good coffee (Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf recommended) or just simply stroll. it's also less than 10 min away from Wildflour Cafe which serves an eclectic menu from the vegetarian to the 'decadent' (according to the boss), and is known for its croissant donuts (cro-nuts).
there's so much to like about Forbeswood, and this is just a few from a newbie who has learned to love it like she has been there forever.
it's a pity that those on the outside can only appreciate it from the news, especially those who can only 'belong' by having pictures with its facade. the news and the facade is not the condo.
Links courtesy of www.google.com.