Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Love in Apostrophes

He calls me Ice Queen
Because I don't 'love' him like 'that'
I no longer 'love' like 'that'
To love without the apostrophes
To love pure, boundless, and deep
I've lost that sense
Two relationships ago
When I staked it all and failed
The Man does not ask, but he questions
How I could stand the silences
Ignore the lapses, the absences
And he knows, he knows
Only a cynic could 'love' this way
To love with apostrophes
And he knows, he knows
The long hard work ahead
To thaw the pride
And indifference of the Ice Queen
To overturn, and return
Love to its true form

No comments: