Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, January 2, 2015

A Shoe Story on a New Year

it's not supposed to disintegrate. it's hush puppies. but it did.

on my way to carmelite yesterday, i had to go back. because the sole on the right shoe gave away first. then a few seconds later, the left one's.  that's why walking in it felt strange. unstable. thin. that's how old shoes get. when they have been left unused for years. this one, over five years perhaps. since leaving the philippines for australia.

and this always happens to me. shoes and mostly sandals disentangle while i walk them. about twice, i have to walk home on my feet because they can no longer be worn. more than once, i have to buy on the spot. to save myself from embarrassment.

so there, another shoe story.

No comments: