Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, January 19, 2015

The Language of Shoes

Been waiting here outside the doctor's office for more than 20min now. The doctor is cloistered in a room with a glass wall, shielded by hazy glass starting 2m above the ground. I can only see shoes. There are more than two people with the doctor that I'm beginning to doubt this is not a consultation but an interview. There is no sign they're leaving soon. The woman's shoes are curled under the chair she's sitting on. She's not a patient. A man beside her with hiking loafers still carries the xray in his hand. Now another woman's shoes are visible, open, to show pedicured nails. An old woman's feet. She just switched places with the man and they're not leaving soon. How right I am. A long wait indeed. Good I took lunch before coming here.

No comments: