Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Better Fit

i was hesitant to start. a newbie in front of an old crowd. but one just had to start.

so took out this mat, got an FF bench with gym balls on the side, and i started. it was not too bad. was not at all that embarrassing. there are newbies there like me. but i was the only one holding an exercise sheet.

and then suddenly, as i was exercising by the window, the sunlight streamed in, and this wave of exhilaration overwhelmed me. facing the east, and the sun on my face.  getting fit takes a lot of effort, it takes a lot of sun to be rejuvenated, and it takes a lot of heart to start and maintain the regimen.

i am reaching my goal to better fitness.

No comments: