Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Old Dinosaur

so i am already considered an old dinosaur. a single mom and a single income-earner. that had to be hedged, protected, prioritized. only a comet from outer space can make me extinct, but still, i have to consider the options outside are no longer that rich, i compete with the young and the hungry, and as a dinosaur, i may be a T-Rex, big but with small arms. my reach is not that long. so where i am going, i have to invest the next 16 years of my life. where i will retire and perhaps, retire happy, content and blissful out of all the battles that only hard women like me can endure and triumph. but i will not forget this lesson. and i will endeavour to finish, within the year, this PhD.

No comments: