Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, April 3, 2015

The Good Dad on a Good Friday

Good Friday April 1 was when we lost Daddy to his first heart attack. He nade misua with fish for lunch and was listening to the Seven Last Words over the radio. I still wonder what life would have been with Daddy still around.  He would have turned 65 by 10 May. Set to retire perhaps at Forbeswood.

I imagine the good times, the best times. Oh, the movies he missed. From the Lord of the Rings to Ocean's Thirteen and Argo. He and Mom will love BGC. Walking in the morning and group aerobics at 9th Avenue. He will discover Starbucks but will love CTBL, like me. He might still be writing, consulting. More at ease, controlled with his temper. Perhaps we'll get to know more, become acquainted with the other one. 

Now Daddy is in heaven. Good Friday will not be the same since 1994. 

But still. I love you Daddy. I miss you. You've been great. A real good Dad.



No comments: