Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Taxi Driver Goes Classical

Noticed it by Mckinley Hills. The music was wafting through the air like summer blooms. Violin ala Vivaldi though I am not sure. Classical violin on a Saturday. And as if in harmony, there was no traffic. And the driver, about late 60s, with a strong Visayan accent, plain, a commoner like me. And the taxi, the old model white, rickety but like old vehicles that are well maintained, with extra strong airconditioning. If indeed classical is his taste, then this taxi driver's taste is impeccable. Just as his taxi is clean, and as he is dependable. I may be misinterpreting but he's one in million. Unforgettable.

No comments: