Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Lavender



living alone can indeed be lonesome. particularly coming after a week of having the daughter and the mother here.

but living alone also has its perks. silence can be very gold going home, after a long day at the 10F, where women power means loud voices, loud laughter, and the endless chatter of women.  Silence is gold greeted by a home wafting with the smell of lavander, or just the splashing of the waters down by the pool, or some child's giggle, occasional shout, or just that, the sweet carefree voices of children.

here on a sunday, amid the humidity, my fingers who pit and pat, tick and tock, without the bother of tv and just me, looking at three corners - the kitchen, the bed, and my nook of a living room which, in all, hopefully, would soon be under my name.

i welcome the silence. i welcome being alone and enduring the test of uncertainties and fears. this is really my skin. my lavender.

Photo courtesy of www.google.com

No comments: