Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Acer: Bye 2009, Hi 2015*

perhaps it had no more left to give. running on Windows XP and one of the first netbooks ever to be released to the market, yesterday, i bid farewell to my hardy 2009 red Acer laptop - the laptop that has served me during my PhD years in Perth up to now. it still holds my Endnote biblio, where the only choice left, for me, is to purchase an online version. so be it. resources are available and will serve the purpose.

but i will miss it nonetheless. i miss it for all those years. and it proved one thing, Acer is indeed a hardy brand. for seven years, no glitch at all. and is no-nonsense.  when it had no more left, it just expired. that's it. no arte along the way. simple lang.

so after mass today, i will be getting a new one. Acer uli. for the next 7 years and more. PhD and beyond.

I actually bought an Asus Zenbook, 'Susi'. 

No comments: