Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, September 6, 2015

52nd Day

Today's my 52nd day of gratitude writing, a practice handed down by Rhonda Byrne of The Secret and The Magic books.

It's easy.

Everyday - I do this in the evening - write down at least 10 things to be thankful for.  Write what it is and why you feel thankful for it. Then go back to the list once finished. Re-read each one and really feel the gratitude well up.

I use this to de-stress and arrest my tendency to self-penalize. Gratitude is a wellspring of optimism, faith and happiness to what is and what has been given.

Thank you from deep within.

No comments: