Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Monday, October 5, 2015

I Marshall On

too many apprehensions.

a lot of things to do.
no space to say 'no'.

a thesis
a CSR philosophy
a department report
an OD business case
8 powerpoints for an international audience

i want to cry.
i want to sleep.
i want to lie down
i want to raise my legs at 45 degrees, forever.

but on the positive side,
i have work
my time is well spent
there is purpose
there is yoga
and at the end of all these,
a good name
a good reputation
something to bank on in the future

so alright
i marshall on
to thinking, writing, creating, and leading

I Marshall On.

No comments: