Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, June 12, 2016

I Belong to Me

perhaps i belong to me
to christen this space as my rightful own
to let solitude take a permanent seat on the table
and make peace with the ghosts of separation
just let it hover once in a while
but like any thing ethereal
will blend with the air and leave

and so the questioning is over
the random desires quieted
realizing that it is better to rise above desire
and reconcile the flesh and spiritual
in a life where the peace of single life beckons

and so yes I belong to me
men will come and may not stay
but in all
i kept me intact
i have risen above all

No comments: