Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Envelopes

it is a day of envelopes today.

one envelope bearing authorization for blood tests, and results received at 1145am today.
one envelope for the medical certificate for flank pain
one envelope for the tutor's evaluation of the daughter's progress.
one envelope showing her lessons plans for Math, Science, and English in school.

these envelopes giving witness to my anemia
that my bones are getting weaker
and that i need to closely watch the daughter's academics

and today, I journey back to Manila.
bearing on new weight, as I divested much in this 8-day rest.

No comments: