Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, October 2, 2016

My Mat

I was in Kate Forrester mode. Yesterday morning, in bed, tried to recall, look back. what place really brings me peace? Is it Tagaytay, which a 2 to 3-hour drive? Is it Quezon City, feeling as if I want to run away from it all? Is it here at the condo? Close. But how can one appreciate the obvious.  Harked back to memory and then finally, remembered the 830am with Margaux at UA and there boom! I am transported to that world of peace.  It is on my mat where I am able to witness the present, suspend what bothers and shouts at my conscience and just learn to believe in the rising and falling of my breath. That is peace, relief, rest, respite. It is so accessible I am luckier than Kate Forrester.

No comments: