Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Friday, December 2, 2016

My Morning FB Posts

it started as resistance to Rodrigo Duterte's/ the State's harshness in its anti-drugs campaign.

kept posting anti-hate quotes, about peace and justice.

until i transitioned to inspirational quotes. always posted early in the morning, every day. i believe these quotes are able to help some of my friends get through their own trials - Jean, Joey, Ma-al.

these were not meant for them. but for me. in a programmed approach to go above my demons. not to slay them as like Hydra, the demons tend to multiply. i see these demons every day. i look at them, acknowledge them, and quell them with a smile. kindness. they have no power over me, anymore.

but true. what i post every morning in FB is becoming more than just me. and i think that is a good way to be in. to do something good like this every day. to make every one of my friends who encounter the post - happy, inspired, relieved, hopeful, eager to face life, all over again, every single day.

No comments: