Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Weight Manifesto

My struggle with gorging made me realize the following:

1. I am not a heavy eater. what affects my weight is when i succumb to breads, oats, pasta and my favorite, sotanghon.

2. I can pace eating. i can go without food for 4-5 hours. again, i am not able to maintain this amidst temptation. sometimes, i eat at shorter intervals because i chose to, and not because i have to.

3. My metabolism is haywire. i cannot not lose weight by exercising only, eating less and eating right only. it's a complete system. everything has to happen, including sleeping early.

4. I also stress-eat. like food is medicine when the workload is heavy, the Leader got upset (again), a TM or TL becomes irritating.


My values in eating are the following:

1. Adequacy. Not much to keep me full. Not deprived to keep me wanting.

2. Focus.  Weaned off from rice since 13 Jan 2011. I stick to the food plan if that's what I should be eating.

3. Fortitude. I don't cheat at all. I can wait for the right food, than cheat on what is available.


What I should improve on:

1. Discipline.  Let go, Vitti. Carbs are not good for you if they come in the form of breads, oats, pasta, rolls. Let go of these. They are not good for you. Stop justifying. Listen and heed Doc Dea's advice.

2. Saying 'no'. You have to be stronger while on the field, with your team, your best mates.

3. Getting wise. You started HCG in 2011, and after that 2 more times - one in 2014, then in 2015. and now in 2016. This is your third.  Make sure to hold on to 120-127lbs after this 4th one. You know the food, the habit, and the lifestyle that is good for you. Follow it. Stick to it.

No comments: