Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, February 12, 2017

In the Company of Sherlock

Yesterday was a full day. Not of work, but of errands and cooking and cleaning. Yoga was the highlight. I began  the day with what makes me happy to get me through. Cleaning ladies come every quarter and the reason I like cleaning is I get to see the condo - what needs repair, purchase, inspection by the owner.

So yesterday, Sherlock kept me company. Just like Sundays in Perth before. I cook with LOTR, Whitechapel and once, with Kimi Dora. Sherlock is your typical one-man-saves-the-world plot, which I actually frown on. That's why the main character has to be played by Benedict Cumberbatch. It has to be someone easy on the eyes. But story-wise, Sherlock has it - ingenuity, the class of the British with plot-making that is not at all about revenge (what Filipino serye is mainly about), and the cinematography - not just of sights but of ordinary things like sidewalks, intersections, doors, and even, a plate of sausages.

When the day ended at 11pm, so did The Last Vow (Season 3 Episode 3). Goodnight Sherlock. You're a good man now.


No comments: