Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Love for Mom

I used to quarrel with my Mom a lot. Then, she was not happy with my choices. Afraid I would not be taken seriously. Then in the last few years, I could feel her unhappiness, with us. Regretting her lost years. Regretting love not shown to her lost husband. She regrets people and things in that unsalvageable kind of way. Past is already past, as in one minute ago past.

So on her birthday, I wish for her acceptance and the quiet and peaceful resignation that life past is past; but life now is good, and it should be cherished. Her children are happy with their choices. She has seven healthy normal and strapping grandchildren. She has gone to four Asian countries since 67 and this April, she'll be on her way to Seoul. I wish her deep love, love deep within her heart, to the good that is, and is staying.

No comments: