Influences (or Why I Write the Way I Do)

Natalie Goldberg (free-flowing writing)
Clarissa Pinkola Estes (wild woman writing)
Jane Hutchison (direct-to-the-point writing)
Ernest Hemingway (simple words writing)

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My Feb-Ibig Story

The story still resonates. Gie says, it makes her cry. Touches a raw nerve, or vein perhaps. For Kris, it awakens a lot of emotions. As I read it, in my mind, to the last sentence, I lose my voice. Almost to a whisper saying, 'We were real.' Twelve years hence, the feelings are gone, but the frankness is still able to cry out. Hands down, it is an entry to one story-telling contest. What makes my heart beat? Failure  and resignation. But I have learned to live with it. Wake up and sleep with it. Breathe and chew every morsel of truth as I see it. Right now, it's beside me; and it will ride with me to work tomorrow. Failure makes my heart beat. Failure helped me heal.

No comments: